Full disclosure: I stole the title. The I LOVE ME: Mission #1 is a swap that I am currently participating in via swap-bot. It’s a lovely idea, but it also saddened me that it was so difficult to complete once I sat down to do so. The gist of the swap is to write a notecard length letter to one partner with a list of five things that I like about myself. I have yet to write my notecard out, but I brought the supplies to work with me so I can complete it during a break. The ideas floating around in my head for my five likes:
- My drive, particularly regarding my goals and aspirations
- No matter how extensive or how minor my goal may be, I give 100%. That’s not to say it doesn’t take me a long time to achieve my goals, but I don’t have an ounce of quit in me, despite obstacles along the journey, once I set my sights on something.
- My unruly, curly hair
- If I get caught in a rainstorm or windstorm, no one is able to tell that I’m having a bad hair day due to my hair’s natural unruliness. In fact, my hair is a barometer; I know what the weather is doing even when I can’t see outside, especially when it’s humid!
- My laugh
- From what I can tell, my laugh is infectious. I’ve been known to make others laugh just because I am laughing so hard.
- I’m fastidious about leg shaving
- Enough said
- My eyes
- They’re big and probably the best example of loving myself despite others’ negativity. I remember, in middle school, being called “bug eyes” incessantly. Joke’s on you, you cruel children, ’cause when I traveled to NYC, people were stopping me in the streets complimenting my eyes.
I wonder if the 11 other people who joined this swap also struggled to compose their lists. If the swap required a list of don’t likes, I’d probably be 100 in by now, and I don’t think that is unique to just me . . .